1. ROLL CALL
President George Peterson called the meeting to order at 6:36 PM. Members present: Arlene Paulson, Mutch Owen, Dan Mortensen, Don Bartz, Craig McEwen and Village President George Peterson. Jim Keleske was excused. Quorum present. Also present Clerk/ Treasurer Debbie Espeland and the Administrator of Public Works Tim Vergara.
2. DISCUSSION AND CONSIDERATION OF CREATING AN OPERATOR II POSITION
The Administrator of Public Works Tim Vergara addressed the need for the creation of another position in the Department of Public Works. He stated much of the Village needs are not being met due to the small staff. Lead man Ray deLong concurred with Tim.
The Board felt the Village does need more staff to accommodate the needs for the services provided by the department and felt creating the Operator II position was a good recommendation.
Motioned by Bartz/Mortensen to create the Operator II position in the Department of Public Works. Roll Call Vote: Craig McEwen - Aye; Mutch Owen - Aye; Arlene Paulson - Aye; Dan Mortensen - Aye; Don Bartz - Aye; and Village President George Peterson - Aye. Aye: 6, Ney: 0 Motion carried by unanimous vote.
3. Closed Session Pursuant to Stat 19.85 (1) (c)
Motioned by Paulson/McEwen to go into closed Session for the purpose of considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance evaluation data of any public employee over which the governmental body has jurisdiction or exercises responsibility. Questioned and carried 6:0.
4. Motion by Mortensen/McEwen to return to open Session. Questioned and carried 6:0.
5. Motioned by Mortensen/Bartz to promote Chris Erickson into the Operator II Position with a six month probationary period. At the end of his probation he will be awarded a .10 cent raise per hour. Roll Call Vote: Mutch Owen - Aye; Craig McEwen - Aye; Arlene Paulson - Aye; Dan Mortensen - Aye; Don Bartz - Aye and Village President George Peterson - Aye. Aye: 6, Ney: 0. Motion carried by unanimous vote.
6. Motioned to adjourn Owen/McEwen at 7:08 pm. Questioned and carried 6:0.
The entire proceedings are on audio file in the Clerk's office.